Jul 19, 2010

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye

I've realized something interesting the past several months: I'm either moving around slower or everyone around me is getting faster! It's quite demoralizing but I think I'm getting older (gasp). Recently, my Peter Pan complex has been bitch slapped in the face by reality. I'm not really sure what to do about it other than take up new hobbies.

After 20 years of running races and 10 (non-consecutive) years of soccer, I'm hanging up my shoes/cleats. I've decided to channel my energy into a few things I've kept in my back pocket over the years... tennis and art. Heck, I'm even going to start using that bike I just HAD TO HAVE in March.

So, this is my farewell to all things race running and soccer playing. You've been good to me to over the years but now you're just a pain in my ass... literally.

No comments: