Fall is in the air, VT football has bestowed upon us and two of my top three shows are in full swing. If only I could find a way to get 24 included in my fall lineup, I wouldn't have a single reason to parade around town. Tragic, I know. At least my Hokies have prevailed against mediocre (at best) opposition. I'm not going to lie when I say I'm a little nervous about our end of the month Tupperware party with Georgia Tech. I could've benefited from more Beamer Ball Special Teams action this weekend to keep my confidence soaring until next weekend. That's another story and I'm scared.
More importantly, ANTM premiered Wednesday and Grey's Anatomy smacked me around Thursday. For all of you that didn't get the memo, America's Next Top Model promised todeliver an unforgettable season. So far, they're right on the money. Now, I'm not one to judge. Okay, well maybe I am but it would be for the better of mankind.
It can become pretty entertaining to watch the first episode. The three judge panel audition paralelled American Idol and included our Top Model judges Tyra, Jay Manuel and of course my darling favorite J. Alexander..aka... Ms. J. It's no secret I want to runway walk with Ms. J and hang for Happy Hour with the Swirl Twins. It instantly reminded me of when I was 4 and used to anxiously watch my mother as she runway strutted in the hottest 80's digs. Props to Mom for doing her model thing with her big hair, hoop earrings and shoulder pads. It's badass, just lacking the ANTM appeal.
I have to mention the quality of entertainment Top Model provided to me in two forms. I don't recall her name but the Stripper girl turned Model girl had no business in the Top 33. You're going to try to convince me that out of the thousands of girls that applied, she made the cut? Tyra's face was priceless when Stripper girl compared stripping to modeling. At least she was classy and head strong because "this ain't gonna bring me down. It just ain't." If she can be on Top Model, my 5'9" size 4-6 (depending on the day) Self can be there too.
As for Monique, I'm not a fan of her waving her toe up ghetto self around. Also, not a big fan of the twins. Their waif, Plain Jane look just doesn't impress me. I will give it to the Twin in her Bulimic Model shot. Somehow, she managed to capture emotion with her Vom look. Brilliant. I may change my mind about her afterall. At this point, I'm sticking with Melrose and Brooke. Brooke looks very commercial, so she's going to have to step up her game and impress me with some high fashion shots. Melrose seemed to rock the runway like no other but her attitude may hinder her advancement in the competition. Work it out.
If ANTM is my crack, then Grey's Anatomy is certainly my heroin. Let me mention that from the start that I haven't been affected in such a strong manner in quite some time from anything. This episode hit me full force and I thank the writers of the show for that. Very therapeutic.
I'm looking forward to seeing what path Meredith takes. On a side note, it was nice to see someone at ABC hired an image consultant to finally pull her wing-bangs back from her face. Last season, I couldn't decide if I was more bothered by that or her lack of desire for Finn. I understand for the shows sake that Finn will likely phase out but I enjoyed his valliant effort to keep in the game. Two men fighting for your affection can me more stressful than imagined. Who doesn't like Finn? He's Robin for godsake! Although Dr. McDreamy is precisely that, people keep forgetting the issue at hand...a small thing called marriage. Addison has grown on me and I empathize with her. She screwed up something she took for granted and now she'll never get that back. In the real world, I would take pleasure in stepping Meredith aside to shake her around a bit. She's the "other woman" and instead of using her brain, she followed her heart. Typical woman!
I'm waiting for George to get over Meredith already and embrace Callie. She loves him and there's no worse feeling than loving someone who's unsure about you. I can't believe I have to wait four more days for this. I could benefit emotionally from a less serious episode again. This last one hit too close to home and was all too familiar.
"...time takes pleasure in kicking our asses. For even the strongest of us, it seems to play tricks. Slowing down, hovering, until it freezes leaving us stuck in a moment unable to move in one direction or the other. Time flies. Time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All anyone of us wants is more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go...."
Sep 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment