So, the other day I was participating in a interpretive dance session. When I say participating, I really mean being the star of my own show and forcing others to watch... cheering and applauding in high regard. (What?) It happens! It was the end of the day and my brain was daydreaming as usual. I made a comment on how life would be so much more amusing if there was soundtrack playing in the background. I'm sure Mother Nature would provide excellent acoustics to compliment by musical endeavors. All of a sudden, I yelped like I discovered penicillin or something of that magnitude. Once calming my Tourette's-like urge, I compiled a musical collection in chronological order to represent my life at that time.
One may think that's an easy task. I mean, it's only 29 songs, eh? So... scratch that. I cut back to reflect the past twelve years since infantile amnesia presented a degree of difficulty I wasn't up for the challenge to cater. With that said, the first song would represent year 1 to 17. Just take out the part about Britain, being a guy and training for the Olympics. Might as well remove the beach scene too. Who am I kidding... I'm too damn lazy to run in the sand more than 5 minutes.
Side note: If some of my songs have some psychotic underlying meaning I'm not aware of... then the joke is on me.
Track 1-17 ~ Vangelis- Chariots of Fire
Track 18 ~ Dixie Chicks- Wide Open Space
Track 19 ~ Jack Johnson- Better Together
Track 20 ~ Darude- Sandstorm
Track 21 ~ Daft Punk- One More Time
Track 22 ~ Peter Gabriel- In Your Eyes
Track 23 ~ Sheryl Crow-The First Cut is the Deepest
Track 24 ~ Seal- Love's Devine
Track 25 ~ Dido- Hunter
Track 26 ~ The Verve- Bittersweet Symphony
Track 27 ~ Madonna- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Track 28 ~ Webbie- Independent
Track 29 ~ Kanye West- Stronger
Track 30 ~ (Hello? Is there a song about me taking over the world?)
Dec 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment