Jan 10, 2008

Sing... Sing a Song...

The one thing my almost hour daily commute provides me with is the opportunity to think. I’m a thinker. We all know this. Over the past couple of months, I’ve been thinking about what top songs I’d put on a CD. Now…I’m talking about if I was forced to listen to no other music the rest of my life, what songs would I want on there?

It’s taken me a couple months because I’m also easily distracted/entertained. Music has always been very important to me. It evokes such strong emotion that I have no choice but to sing loud (and proud) with my clenched fist in the air. No doubt the other commuters think I’m crazy but hey, it’s better than being pissed off at the world. So here are my Top Songs in no particular order.

My CD
Radiohead- Creep
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Dave Matthews Band- #41
The Killers All These- Things That I Have Done
Toadies- Possum Kingdom
U2- Sunday Bloody Sunday
Coldplay- Yellow
Dave Matthews Band- Two Step
Starlight- Muse
My Chemical Romance- Welcome to the Black Parade
Talking Heads- This Must Be the Place
Guns N’ Roses- November Rain
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Otherside
The Verve- Bittersweet Symphony

Songs that Calm Me
Dido- Here with Me
Sade- I’ll Be There
Peter Gabriel- In Your Eyes
Dido- Hunter
Madonna- Take a Bow
Extreme- More Than Words
Frank Sinatra- The Way You Look Tonight
Frank Sinatra- Come Fly With Me
Frank Sinatra- Fly Me to the Moon

Disco
Thelma Houston- Don’t Leave Me This Way
Barry White- My First, My Last, My Everything
Donna Summer- Last Dance

80’s
Chicago- Glory of Love
The Police- Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
Irene Cara- What a Feeling, Flashdance Soundtrack
Naked Eyes- Always Something There to Remind Me
A-Ha- Take on Me

Rap
Das EFX- They Want EFX
Wu Tang Clan- Gravel Pit
Notorious BIG- Juicy
TI- Bring 'em Out

Choreographed Video
Janet Jackson- If


No comments: