I've been fairly busy lately and neglecting my blog. Just after New Years the girls (Team Orange) and I decided to form our Skinny Bitch Dinner Club with the intent of meeting once week for 6 weeks and only preparing healthy low carb food. We would break a week and resume another 6 weeks leading up to Dewey Beach. Our motto: Friends don't let friends wear a one piece in Dewey. It started out great and kicked started that chillaxin metabolism of ours but as the weeks have gone on, I feel it's turned into a Wine-o Club... I hope we get back on track next week and focus on the common goal.
What I'm super stoked about the trips planned for 2008! This is my year to travel... which is good because I'm pretty sure I can't remember my last vacation. No, Dirrrty Dewey was never filed under vacation destinations. Anyhow, I'm destined to eat Ramen noodles the remainder of '08 but at least the trips will be fabulous!
April: Charleston, SC- Kickin it it Sullivan's Island with my best friend and our other two best friends from Charlotte. Should be awesome and I'm fully prepared to swan dive into the ocean. Ok, maybe not but at least it will be relaxing. I opted out of the Cooper River Bridge Run and convinced my best friend to do the same. I'm on vacation and don't need t0 be running an effing 10K... We'll drink mimosa's and cheer for the other 8 staying with us while they run. We'll point at them and secretly laugh.
April: Blacksburg, VA- Tech Spring Game and our Best Guy Friend's 30th Birthday Party. Who cares if none of us live in Blacksburg anymore. We're committed fans, damnit. This will be a shitshow weekend with my old college girls/guys.
May: Dewey Beach, DE- I didn't kill enough liver cells last year... need to finish the job off this year. What could be more exciting than a quasi Spring Break mentality with your best girlfriends in beach house? Who cares we're all almost 30... age is a number. Plus, we totally have at another 4-5 years until we're labeled "those creepy old cougars"... which is just scary.
May: Grand Bahamas Island, The Bahamas- I will be the 2008 Bahama Mama. This will be an awesome 7 day trip consisting of morning cocktails, the beach, island dancing and relaxation!
September: Italy- I've never been more excited about any travel destination that ITALY! The plan is to fly into Naples and travel to The Amalfi Coast, Capri, Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena and then fly out of Venice. All this will take place over 10 days... sigh. I'm already highly considering never returning. I'll spend my days frolicking through the city streets shouting out Italian words I don't know yet. A girl's gotta dream...
November: Cancun, Mexico- Thanksgiving in Cancun is going to be what I like to call kinda awesome. I suppose this means I'll be missing the 2008 VT/UVA game, but just this once I'm okay with that. Who knows... I may laying on the beach forgetting it's even Thanksgiving while I'm there. Does Butterball make a turkey substitute in Mexico?
So there you have it. I have absolutely no more room for additional vacations in 2008... unless it's to a really really fun place. Please advise!
Mar 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment