Lately, I've been on this quest for inner peace. I'm not even sure what the hell that means or if I'm capable of achieving anything remotely peaceful but it's worth a shot. Since the new year, I've made an attempt at a more alternative approach to life and researched the heck out of Eastern medicinal practices: acupuncture, reflexology, meditation and colonics (another blog for another time). I'm already predicting my last words will be "it seemed like a fabulous idea at the time" but we'll see how it all pans out.
I'm convinced my Chi is all out of whack. I'm sure my head is out of whack too, but that's not the issue I'm willing to address at this particular moment. I'll remain in denial for the time being. Anyhow, my left leg has managed to remain numb on the hypodermal layer over the past month. I feel like my own little science experiment although certain it's just a pinched nerve. Either way, I'm considering all options for recovery.
So, it comes as a complete coincidence our January bookclub selection was Eat, Pray, Love... a brilliant memoir on one woman's search for happiness and balance. Sounds fabulous so sign me up. I decided to baby step my way and begin with meditation. I found myself perched upright on my bed, legs crossed, eyes closed and arms resting on my knees. Having discovered the TV was left on, I cursed a little and resumed position as a lotus flower. Look at me, I'm a lotus flower.
Ok, so 15 seconds passes... Sitting in complete silence doesn't appear to be working. If only I could find a mute button on my chatterbox mind for 5 minutes, I'd be on my way. Ugh. I'm not saying it's entirely impossible, I just need coaching. In the meantime, I'll stick to running.
Mar 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment