Aug 19, 2008

Happy Happy Joy Joy

So lately I've been a little stressed. There's just way too much going on in my life with family illness, work, overcommitments, everyday blahs and to be perfectly honest... it's a tad overwhelming. In the spirit of it all, I decided to make a list of things that make me happy. I mean, I'm a natural optimist so it seems appropriate to focus on life's little pleasures.

-Running over the Key Bridge

-Standing on the top of a ski slope looking down

-Spending all day and night on the couch with your best gals

-Hawaiian thin crust pizza and a handful of Netflix movies

-Accurate diagnosis and treatment of a friend or family member's ailment. Nerd Alert.

-That first sip of Blue Moon

-New Years Eve just before midnight

-Waking up early on a Saturday, drinking coffee in bed and watching College Game Day

-Bubble bath, candle and Frank Sinatra

-Enter Sandman in Lane Stadium

-Spread out on the beach with nothing but the sound of the ocean

-That whole Canon in D song

-Stamping my passport

-Checking out an art gallery or museum

-Painting

-Not knowing how or why things always work out, just knowing they DO

1 comment:

insanemommy said...

Soooo, you're a Sinatra girl?! Go girl!

And when you say "spread-out" on the beach, you dont' mean spread eagle?! Right?

Love the post. :)