2009 is almost over! I'm not quite sure how the end stuck up on me, but I was too busy to even notice. I suppose time flies when you're having fun. I'd like to note 2009 has been the BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE. Yes, folks. I bold caps for a reason. I hate to brag but I will anyway. It's my blog... go get your own and brag your face off.
What a year... I managed to find a job I'm extremely passionate about, travel all over the US with my friends and even to find myself a little bf. Yes, the girl who hardly had a second to breathe managed to stand still for one second and unexpectedly appear in front of someone who could put up with me. I think his tactic is tune out 90% of what I say and hug me whenever I'm stressed. The hug part is another tactic to cut down on the amount of words coming out of my mouth. He's brilliant!
So, In the spirit of the New Year, I find it essential to reflect on the prior year's events and accomplishments.
- Moved into a sweet lil house in Arlington... almost got mauled by 5 raccoons but that's another story
- Ended my recycling program once and for all
- Concerts to see The Killers, Elton John & Billy Joel, Def Leppard, No Doubt, DMB and Kings of Leon
- My 30th Birthday Party which was more spectacular than ever. I had to set the stage for all my ladies who turned the big 3-0 just after me. The Cool Kids Club is where we all hang out
-Toasted to the 30th Birthdays of AF, AE, JO, CP, DW, RJ, MC and ED *** Double Top Secret to protect the fabulous but innocent ***
- Ski trips at White Tail and Snowshoe. I'm heading out West to Colorado this month to switch it up on the slopes and hopefully not die doing it
-Trips to Vegas, Charlotte and Denver
- Road trip to Ohio to "Meet the Parents", come in contact with 70 goats, 20 chickens, 20 cows and my first pheasant hunting trip. We would starve if it were up to me to bring home the bacon... no pun intended. Wait, wrong scrumptious animal
- A Bridesmaid in two weddings of couples I absolutely adore
- Bachelorette parties in Charleston SC, Wilmington NC and Washington DC
- Weddings in Roanoke, Richmond, Philly and Charleston, SC
- Fabulous attendance at games with the NFL (50 yard line, Row 1 seats), MLS and US Men's National Soccer team (yum yum)
- Player of THE dodgeball team of the year. So what if we started out 5-0 and finished 6-10 in the SOCIAL LEAGUE. We had fun and looked doing it. Go thatswhatshesaid!
- Captain of Reach the Beach 207.34 mile relay in New Hampshire... for the second time now. We knocked a couple of hours off our previous time too. I really should work more on actually training for the event before throwing myself out there
- Player of the Championship winning adult league soccer team AND we're moving up to Division 1 next season. Four division bump-ups in the past four seasons. Go UA!
- Captain of a badass Championship winning kickball team. Go ECP!
- Captain of another badass Championship winning kickball team. Go Lock it Up!
*** Side note: Both trophies are frequently polished with Pledge Mulitsurface Cleaner to preserve that "We are the F*%$!-ing Champions" feeling ***
Unlike my previous endeavors, I failed miserably in completing my November 10, 2008 blog entry "30 before 30" list. I scored a 5 outta 30, which I'm fairly certain is 16.667 % aka... I totally suck. Or, maybe it means I'm just a work in progress. I'll go with that instead...
However, I did manage to focus for for a few seconds and complete:
# 8- Get a professional massage- I treat myself to one a month. I HAVE TO in my line of work. It keeps me sane and relaxed if only for an hour
# 16- Visit the Newseum- Loved it and could easily spend another afternoon there. I hear George Clooney is a fan as well. That in no way swayed my opinion but he is fun eye candy in the event we coincidently "run into each other"
# 17- Visit the Crime and Punishment Museum- I attended "Fright at the Museum" during Halloween. Would love to make a reappearance and spend more quality time with the electric chair and Ted Kaczynski's hut of psychosis
# 25- Learn to play golf- Well, I kinda did. I mean, I've always "known" how to play but never really attempted much more than Mario Golf could offer. I did make it to Top Golf for my first real experience at the driving range. At first, I drove the ball 45 yards. Two hours later, I consistently hit over 140 yards with a top drive of 147 yards. I'm so creeping up on Tiger... not that way though
# 28- Take up Yoga- I took my first Bikram yoga class and welcomed the need for sweat. Yeah... get those toxins I've voluntarily put in my body all those years OUT! I've never slept so well in my life
So, moral of the story is ... It was a damn good year! Cheers to an upcoming new year filled again with my fabulous friends and family!
Shit... life is good. I'm out.
Jan 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment